6.16.2013

Passwords Galore








I tried again today on my "not smiling, but still happy" face, and to no avail. I just look really mean. I'm not a mean person, I swear. Apparently, when I try to be natural, I look angry. Chronic meanie face probs.

On another note, I have a social media question/rant/complaint for you guys. Why are there so many?! I basically use Instagram and Facebook (for my personal use). I mean, I have a Twitter, Vine, Google Plus, and Pinterest as well, but do I look at all those everyday? No. Am I supposed to? When it comes to my blog, I have a separate Instagram, a Bloglovin' page, and... I think that's all. I don't really feel the need to have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Vine, Google Plus, and goodness knows what else. Like why?! I can't keep up with all of that. I just want to write my blog and post a few pictures on Instagram, and that's that. (Let alone have a personal account AND a blog account.)

I suppose I'm supposed to promote myself through all of that, but do you guys really have that many accounts that you use on a daily basis? I'm lucky if I can remember my email password let alone all of these other ones. I'm also lucky if I can remember to turn the oven on when I try to cook food (that may or may not have happened the other day).

But other than my failing memory, it seems very time consuming and repetitive to have that many social media accounts. What are your thoughts on it?

P.S. I'm super excited that I finally wore my rosette necklace today! It was a great steal on Groopdealz for $14.99 a few weeks ago!

Outfit Details: Dress (came with belt): Kohl's // Shoes: Target // Bag: TJ Maxx //
 Necklace: GroopDealz // Watch: Michael Kors

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful color combo! That necklace pops! Great outfit Julia!!
    Ileana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the most gorgeous necklaces. Love the colour combination of this outfit too. I must say I agree with you regarding social media. I have my personal facebook and instagram too and I am on my blog all the time. But I think that's enough. I like it because I can just focus on these few that I enjoy and put more time and effort into them rather than have too many which I lose track of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Imogen! I'm glad I'm not the only one! There really is just too much to keep up with these days. & Thank you for your sweet compliment about my necklaces! I'm a little obsessed with buying those! :)

      Delete
  3. Nice outfit! Your hair looks pretty like this :)

    A Day In The Life Of Mel: http://missmel7.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful outfit. I love the pop of color the necklace brings. And love your hair!
    LOL I am the same. There is just TOO much social media to deal with. I only have Twitter and Fb (and honestly just for my blog - I don't even have personal account!). xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lauren, for the sweet compliment!

      And that's actually a pretty good idea--to only have twitter/facebook/etc. for the blog and no personal account. That would cut down on having to remember extra passwords and having so much to keep up with! ;)

      Delete
  5. Hi Elle! Thank you so much! :) I will be sure to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete