6.15.2013

An Outfit + A Cute Dog








Before I start my rambling, let me make a few notes about these pictures:
1. Please excuse the dog hair and other unknown substance on my arm in picture #5 (the close up of my arm candy and Tory Burch clutch). I didn't notice it until just now, and the fur is brought to you by my boyfriend's adorable German Shepherd (who is making his blog debut on this post! Keep reading and scrolling to see).
2. I promise to get a main/pedi ASAP (see second to last photo).
3. I'm working on my "not smiling but still happy" face (see second picture). That's the best I could do for now. I'm not trying to scowl at you guys, really. I generally only look okay in pictures with my toothy smile, but we're trying something different here. 

I spent a great deal of time on the couch watching Mad Men on Netflix with Matt today. Yes, that's right, I wore a skirt and a nice cardigan from J. Crew to lay around in today. Didn't you know? These are my lowly peasant clothes. You should see the ball gown I wear when I have to be in public.*

Okay, truthfully, this outfit is ridiculously comfortable, and I wore it on this lazy Saturday because most of this outfit violates my work's dress code, so even though the rest of the world thinks I'm dressed up, (the rest of the world being my mom, Matt, and the sales lady at Kohl's who all asked me why I'm so dressed up today) I'm really wearing an outfit I've wanted to wear for the past 5 days but wasn't allowed to. At my office, we're not supposed to wear "t-shirts" (strike 1), skirts are supposed to hit at or below the knee (strike 2), and no flip-flops, even on casual day (strike 3). I know, I know, I'm so risque.* 

Since I'm just breaking all the rules this weekend, what should I wear tomorrow? My tankini? Booty shorts? ANOTHER T-SHIRT?! It could get crazy up in here, you'll just have to come back and see. 

Oh! And I almost forgot. You have to see the precious doggy who loves to shed fur all over my clothing and depletes the sticky paper from my lint roller (he has a few other qualities)!

Meet Maverick.

I guess you can meet Matt, too, if you want. ;)

Isn't he so cute?! At least now when my clothes are furry you will think of this adorable dog and not judge me for being dirty. You'd let him get fur all over you too, right?! Besides, I always pair my Tory Burch and J. Crew with dog hair.*

*I'm kidding. Or am I?

Outfit Details: Tee: Old Navy // Cardigan: J. Crew // Skirt: Target // 
Sandals: J. Crew // Pink Bangle: Kohl's // Spike Bracelet: GroopDealz // 
Watch: Michael Kors // Necklace: Kohl's // Wristlet: Tory Burch (via Poshmark)




1 comment:

  1. Love the pink! German Shepherds are such great dogs, he's so cute!!!
    I have a 9 month old German Shepherd, I have a blog post on her, take a look if you'd like: http://missmel7.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/tilly-german-shepherd.html

    Mel

    ReplyDelete